A. Youth Development
- Establish the Congressional Scholarship Program for poor but deserving students
Establish the Barangay Library System to afford small communities access to modern library facilities
- Build more classrooms in public schools
(2) Sports and Recreation
- Improve the Pelaez Sports Center (rubberize the existing tracks and improve its sports facilities).
- Construct multi-purpose covered courts in all barangays, equipped with basketball courts and other sports amenities.
- Improve sports facilities in all public schools.
- Provide funds for Sangguniang Kabataan’s(SK) sports and other Youth-centered development initiatives.
- Develop recreational, child-friendly parks in urban barangays.
B. Good Governance
- (1) Establish the 2nd District Congressional Office to bring government closer to the constituency.
- (2) Responsive and Transparent Governance through participatory, consultative approach with the business, NGOs, the academe, government, and the religious sector on pressing national issues, such as the matters on impeachment, Charter change and in the dispensation of the pork barrel fund.
C. Housing and Urban Poor Development Programs
- (1) Pass a law declaring inhabited, barren timber lands as alienable and disposable and through local government units (LGUs), distribute the lands to qualified beneficiaries.
- (2) Pass a law amending the Urban Development Housing Act of 1992, to give housing developers the option to convert the required 20% allocation for Socialized Housing obligation into community projects in marginalized communities.
- (1) Through grants or loans, acquire funds to re-model the present J.R. Borja Memorial Hospital into a bigger, more advanced J.R. Memorial Medical Center.
- (2) Basic Barangay Health Programs
*Free medicines for indigents
*24-hour maternity lying-in service
*Ambulance units for each barangay
- (3) Anti-Drug Abuse
*Pass legislation aimed at improving rehabilitation and after-care programs of drug dependents
*Upgrade facilities at the city’s drug rehabilitation center
E. Public Security
(1) Responsive law enforcement
- Establish the Cagayan de Oro Central Response Unit, a modern, centralized police communication center for urban search and rescue services and crime response.
Equip police with fast-moving, all-terrain vehicles and better communication tools to improve mobility and faster response-time.
- Pass legislation to further widen the scope of police accountability; a kind of law that instills a sense of respect, responsibility and professionalism among our men in uniform.
F. Tourism & Environment
- Provide training and financial assistance to micro, small and medium entrepreneurs involved in the national government’s Tourism Negosyo program.
- Create additional parks in the city as tourist attractions.
- Greening of all subdivisions and other Urban Poor communities.
- Identify vulnerable environmental sites in the city and pass a law declaring them as protected areas.
- Provide ready-infrastructure support for potential eco-tourism sites in the city and provide funds to promote existing ones.